|Sweet Heat Chefs|
1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Salsa
1/2 lb ground turkey, with a Taco seasoning mix
1/2 can (15oz) of refried beans
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Once dough is thawed, spray cutting board and hands with cooking spray and knead dough for a few seconds to form smooth ball.
2. Roll dough into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. sprinkle a greased cookie sheet with the Parmesan cheese and place dough rectangle on the greased cookie sheet. It's very important to place the dough on the cookie sheet before you fill it because once you fill it, it will be too heavy to move onto the cookie sheet. Mix salsa and cream cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Spread the refried beans lengthwise down center third of rectangle leaving an edge for braiding.
4. Add turkey meat on top of the beans
5. Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the turkey meat
6. Add cheese on top of turkey meat.
7. On each long side, cut 1 inch wide strips about 2-1/2-inches into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
8. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Drizzle with olive oil. Let sit for 10 minutes.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into.
11. Serve with sour cream, taco sauce, avocado, olives, limes, tomatoes or whatever you like on your tacos!