2 limes, zested and juiced
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely or on microplane
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 chicken breasts (About 1 lb) cut into 1-inch wide strips
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
2/3 cup coconut shredded
3/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to season flour
2 eggs, beaten with 4 tablespoons of coconut water
Oil spray, doesn’t matter what kind
1. In a bowl, stir together lime juice, zest, coconut oil, ginger, light soy sauce, garlic and salt. Add the chicken strips and stir until they’re completely coated with the marinade. You can also pour the marinade with the chicken strips, into a Ziploc bag, which is what I did. Marinate for 4 to 5 hours at the most…stirring the strips in the bowl of marinade or squeezing around the bag every hour to an hour and a half to ensure even marinating.
2. Line a large baking sheet with foil sprayed lightly with oil. Mix the flour, salt and pepper in one bowl, the beaten eggs and coconut water in a second bowl, and the Panko and desiccated coconut in a third bowl. Remove the chicken strips from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Lift up each chicken strip and shake off some of the marinade so it isn’t overly saturated. Coat each chicken strip in flour, knocking off the excess, then the egg mixture and then dredge it well in the Panko & coconut mixture. Place each chicken strip on the oiled baking sheet and continue until all chicken has been coated.
4. Lightly spray some oil on the breaded chicken strips, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Spicy Yogurt Dip
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2- 3 tablespoons Asian chile-garlic sauce
1 small handful cilantro leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together, then cover and refrigerate for a few hours for best results.